Friday, August 6, 2010

The balancing act of the Handydad

Guys, tell me if this sounds familiar; you get up early and walk the dog.   For a brief moment all is peaceful as my chocolate lab discovers all the new smells left in our woods from the night before.  He takes care of business and we head back home.   The twins wake up and I help them go potty.   Then we head downstairs for breakfast.    Mommy gets up and takes over while I get ready for work, get my kisses, and head off.
After work I get more kisses, take the dog for a walk and then am faced with my daily dilemna; get to work on the latest project list or spend time with these beautiful girls.   Usually the girls win unless the project is critical, like last week's new shower valve.   Until it was done everyone was sharing mom and dad's bathroom...which puts it in the critical category.
Normally we eat dinner with the family, work on a part of a project and then come back in to read stories until the girls fade away.
Now, it's about 8:00.  Time to get something done around here!
Yes, 8:00 is the new 5:00.  Time for the handyman part of my job to start.   Most of my best work gets done between 8 and midnight because everything is quiet and I can focus on what I will screw up next.\

1 comment:

  1. You are my inspiration! I Adore you in every way possible.

    ReplyDelete