Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A night off

My wife went to yoga last night so Daddy had a night off from projects and decided to have some fun with the twins.   Off to Blockbuster!   The girls had started to watch Peter Pan at Grampy's last weekend and seemed to like it, so I was eager to rent it and watch it with them.   It's one of those great memories I have from my childhood...Disney movies.     It is really challenging getting through those aisles with so many things at their level; candy snakes, movies, games, books, popcorn, you name it.   Blockbuster is hoping that you are weak and let them buy whatever they pick up to avoid a scene.   Ah, but I won. Ok, I cheated a little by mentioning that Friendly's was next door and we better bring the movies to the counter so we can get some ice cream.   I still counted it as a victory :)

Even though I tried taking them to Friendly's by myself about 6 months ago and they turned the place upside down I decided to try it again.   The key is getting the crayons into their hands right away and point out all of the exciting things on the page for them to color.    Then, be ready to order when the waitress comes over.   That way they get their ice cream before they get bored and start making salt and pepper mountains on the table.  

They needed to be reminded to use their spoons and not their hands, but they did a great job and only wore about 10% of the ice cream home.   Progress!

I loved watching the new digitally-remastered Peter Pan with them.   It is amazing how many things you forget about over the years.   Did anyone else remember that the dog was the nanny?  

After they went to bed I was too tired to work on anything.   This may have been a night off from projects, but somehow I feel like I worked my butt off.    

No comments:

Post a Comment