Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time to stop and start

Every now and then you just need to stop all of the projects and re-organize so you can get started all over again.   Yesterday I had planned on coming home and getting back to work on the bookcase project, but my wife's Mac battery blew a gasket and she needed to go get a new one.   So much for getting anything done.   My twin angels had a very busy day and skipped their much needed nap...again.   They were obviously ready for bed any minute.  Or...not.    Sometimes they will fight sleep like it's the worst punishment a parent could ever bestow on a child.   Other times one will give in to the sandman and relent, while the other sees this as an opportunity to have dad all to themselves.       I've tried to remain tough; no talking, no laughing, just re-route them back to bed with a kiss and walk away.     Knowing this probably won't work I go to the office next to their room and check email while I wait to see if this is really it.    Last night, after about the 4th time I let her sit on my lap as I read an email from my mother-in-law.   I offered her a chance to say something to Mimi and she came back with "I love her and I want her to come see me".     Mimi was thrilled.   Ok, very cute, now let's go back to bed.
Still not convinced this was it I went to my room to try and get a nagging knot out of my back by rolling on a foam roller and within seconds she was back.    She laid on my chest to "help" me as I tried to ignore her and keep going.    With a tiny voice and big smile she says "you're a stinky daddy".    We burst into laughter and I brought her back to bed...for the last time of the night.   Finally.

I actually managed to get a lot of organizing done in the shop, so all in all it was a good night, even though it wasn't what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment